Arguing about God
definitions :: arguments :: faith and science
Buy the 'Arguing about God' multimedia CDROM from our UK store.
Buy the 'Arguing about God' multimedia CDROM from our USA store.
Send feedback on 'Arguing about God'
Download the Teachers' Guide (pdf file - requires Adobe Reader)
Help using the 'Arguing about God' CDROM.
'Arguing about God' is the new multimedia resource from Focus for teaching GCSE Religious Studies. It contains lesson plans ready to use 'out of the box,' covering key parts of the GCSE Religious Studies specifications for AQA, Edexcel and WJEC. ISBN: 9780955766824
'Money cannot buy such an authoritative and well-presented set of lesson materials on science and religion. An indispensable resource for every secondary R.E. teacher.' - Mike Strange, Editor, RE:Quest; Chair, Somerset SACRE.
'... take important scientific thinking and well expressed philosophical theology from the Christian community in well made ways that will help 16-19s working in philosophy or religious studies to understand Christian perspectives.' - Lat Blaylock, Editor, RE Today.
On the CDROM
- Multimedia presentations for four lessons
- Teachers' Guide (pdf file - requires Adobe Reader)
- Classical arguments for God's existence
- Contemporary version of the design argument from cosmic fine-tuning
- Counter-arguments from atheists
- Faith and Science
- Revd Professor John Polkinghorne KBE FRS, former Professor of Mathematical Physics at the University of Cambridge
- Revd Dr. David Wilkinson, Principal of St. John's College, University of Durham
- Revd Dr. Rodney Holder, Course Director at the Faraday Institute, Cambridge
'Making Sense of Religion' (OFSTED 2007 Report)
'Transforming Religious Education' (OFSTED 2010 Report)